+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Work Permit Holder for Nurses

Unhappy Work Permit Holder for Nurses

A friend of mine works in the hospital and she mentioned that one of her colleague is on work permit holder nurse but due to financial difficulties in the hospital there was a news that if you are a foreign nurse on work permit once you commit a mistake on whatever criteria you will automatically lose your job and be sent home. Well I dont know if this is true. But what do you think guys is it fair for those foreign work permit holders to be treated like that?

Quote Originally Posted by concern_citizen View Post
    A friend of mine works in the hospital and she mentioned that one of her colleague is on work permit holder nurse but due to financial difficulties in the hospital there was a news that if you are a foreign nurse on work permit once you commit a mistake on whatever criteria you will automatically lose your job and be sent home. Well I dont know if this is true. But what do you think guys is it fair for those foreign work permit holders to be treated like that?
    I dont think it's fair. No matter what the reason they still have to go under the proper process of litigation and if proven guilty then they can be sent home or it depends on what was the situation. It need to be assessed properly!

Well I think they wanted to get read-of the NHS staffs as you all know NHS is going down and this may be one of the reasons for them to reduce staff without forcing them to resign but its sad!! , I can still say that hospitals in London and outer areas are need of qualified doctors / nurses.

I had a friend who recently did a major eye operation and I asked him where he did his operation, he said he had to go to India to do it and it was not because its cheap over there but he said he couldn’t find a good eye doctor in UK!!! I was surprised … may be he is right.

Well life can be unfair sometimes. As you all know I work for NHS and its true that financially NHS is not doing very well. And the sad part is they are cutting down manpower (nurses) just to save extra money and its not only for nurses but even for doctors and other workers in the hospital. I spoke to one of the reps of the union and assured some of us that our jobs will be secured but who knows what they can do to get rid of you. I just hope our government will look into this problem so it will not become worst.

Wink Joke

Well, the big story is the Supreme Court. President Obama has found his nominee. She is a Federal appeals judge. Sonia Sotomayor, I think her name is. A Latino woman, how about that? So, you know what that means. Ruth Bader Ginsburg no longer the hot chick on the court." --Jay Leno"History was made today when President Obama nominated Judge Sonia Sotomayor as the first female Hispanic justice to serve in the U.S. Supreme court. Obama said this should help keep the court from leaning too far to the white." --Jimmy Fallon

+ Reply to Thread