+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Abused at Jesuit Catholic Christian College

Russell S. Wyllie Guest

Angry Abused at Jesuit Catholic Christian College

I am currently raising a complaint against the Catholic Church for physical abuse against me from the age of 12 to 14 whilst attending a Jesuit-founded Catholic College in Harare, Zimbabwe in the late 1980's.

During my time in Zimbabwe I was beaten violently on the hands and buttocks with a 'ferular' or a cane, which would leave bruises on my hands and body for almost a week. The 'ferular' was a wooden paddle wrapped tightly in rubber and used to beat the palms of the hands, which immediately brought severe, burning pain and swelling lasting at least 5 to 10 minutes, and leaving bruises for days. The senior prefects were also allowed to bully, intimidate, physically abuse and threaten students, and i suffered a lot of oppressive aggrevation and physical abuse from them, such as being kicked extremely viciously, grabbed by the throat and screamed at.

Previous to my attendance at St George's College I attended a Christian primary school in Zimbabwe called Lewisam Primary, where I was sometimes slapped, beaten and intimidated by teachers from the age of 7.

I would be beaten at both primary school and in St George's College,for minor issues such as forgetting homework or my sport clothes or talking in class. I recall one student showing me scabs on his buttocks from when he was caned so hard that he bled.

Cruelty and abuse against children as the worst form of torture that a human being can experience, as a child is as defenseless as a prisoner kept in brutal, torturous locations such as Guantanamo Bay- and like those Guantanamo prisoners, I and others had no legal rights, no right to complain, no way of escape and no way to make the abuse stop, because as a child I had no power to make it stop. That is what torture is, and I will not rest until I win.

I have contacted the Chairman of the U.K. Parliamentary Human Rights Committee,Mr Andrew Dismore MP, and stated that I wish to seek compensation from the Catholic church for this outrage, and stated to him that I constitiute this violence against me as torture.

I have also contacted the Liberty Human Rights organisation in London asking for advise on my complaint and pursuit of compensation from the Catholic Church.

I condemn the Catholic Church for their part in the creation of such evil places where children are hurt and tortured. It is something that needs to be brought out into the open and that is exactly what I intend to do. I want the world to hear this story and to raise awareness of what people like me and others younger have been through. I revoke my Catholicism, and I revoke religion for what has been done to me and also many others.

Russell S. Wyllie Guest

Default Abusive Parents Who Never Learn Or Change

My experience with my father is not the happiest. I hope people who have witnessed either of their parents abuse against each other or against their kids will reply, either anonymously or by using their real name. Personally I have witnessed a bit too much abuse in my years living at home.

I have a diagnosed spinal disc prolapse, have neck and head problems from a car accident and was savagely beaten at a Roman Catholic College that my dad sent me and my brother to in the 1980's. My article on the Jesuit Roman Catholic College was written by me.

I think my father has serious mental problems, and he cannot physically or emotionally control himself. He too was sent to a Roman Catholic College in England, also St George's College in Guildford, Surrey. He was a boarder- he lived at the college for 6 years. I don't know if he was put through vicious treatment that I and my brother were put through, but his temperament indicates that he had an abusive upbringing or schooling. He never talks about his childhood.

In recent years he has become more stern and cold as a person, verging on violent. On numerous occasions when my mother has been drunk he ends up arguing with her, and hits her. On one occasion I was upstairs, trying to ignore my parents regular arguing and I heard a loud 'crack' sound. I went downstairs, fearing the worst. I stopped halfway down the stairs to se my Dad dragging my Mum up to her bedroom by her arms. I think he is a dredful bully, and is a solid Catholic with a Stalinist view of the World. He thinks young people are to be beaten and abused. I confronted him once 15 years ago, arguing that kids should not be beaten. He started shouting, ''Well yes, I believe that they should be.'

I also remember a few occasions when he attacked my brother just because my brother talked back to him, and my brother no longer visits the house. I distinctively remember 4 years ago when I and my brother were out together, and returned 1 minute late for dinner. My mother was drunk as usual and she was serving the dinner on the plates. I went upstairs to take my jacket off and I heard a loud thump. My father has punched my brother in the back of the head, and they ended up in a fist fight. I didn't know who had been hit so I ran downstairs to see my brother and dad fighting, and shouted for them to stop. My father stopped, turned to me, fist raised shouting, 'As for you...' . He took steps toward me and I kicked his fist , two maybe three times. He is much stronger and broader built than I , and his fists are very big. He still would not stop trying to go for me, and I booted him in the ribs to stop him, and he went flying to the floor. I won the battle and he has never tried to hit me since, but has attacked my mother and brother a few times since.

I hate him for being like that. i don't hate him totally, and I verbally confronted him when he was cooler one moringn after hitting Mum. I said to him, ' You've got to control yourself, you can't hit people , you should go to the pub and get away from the argument.' He agreed, but the words really fall on deaf ears, as he occasionally gets aggressive and nasty toward people. He really believes he is 'the only correct, right person' on the face of the Earth and has a bad attitutude toward young people.

Far from being the worst parent he provides a lot, but I help a lot around the house, cooking, cleaning, walking the dog, gardening. My Mum and I are just abused when he is in a nasty mood, and I now don't confront nor talk to him. He is pushing himself into a corner. He has no friends. Personally I have been in bands, playing drums, I am livid across the internet on my websites which takes my mind off what is going on , which is a good thing.

I feel more for other people who experience this on a much more regular basis and who have no hobbies or social life to get away from the abuse. I hope people understand that the Police are there for just this reason- to protect you from being abused physically. Verbal abuse can also be mentally draining, and both can end up in conflict. You should tell a friend or another family member if you are being abused. I speak up because I know that it's better than being quiet. I once called the Police when my dad hit my mother, she was too upset for me to do nothing. Unfortunately she had bitten him on the arm when he slapped her, and drawn blood, and when the Police came to attend the conflict they took Mum away rather than him. I complained to the IPCC about her treatment but dropped charges because I thought I'd give it one more chance.

Since then no real conflicts have eventuated and things have quietened down, but I'm quick to avois dad when he appears to be cranky. Don't be scared to go to a Police station and report the incident. You might not want to take action, but the report will be in your favour if you should suffer abuse again later on, and previous complaints mean that Police will take it more seriously. If you feel the Police are doing nothing, then get a lawyer and press charges, move out of the house and forget about the person. It is better that you take grips of your life before physical abuse and verbal abuse take your life over. Hobbies can help take the pressure off your mind.
    You'll come to the conclusion hopefully, that people who use physical or verbal abuse,insults or racism for example are just losers and don't deserve to get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Russell S. Wyllie View Post
    I am currently raising a complaint against the Catholic Church for physical abuse against me from the age of 12 to 14 whilst attending a Jesuit-founded Catholic College in Harare, Zimbabwe in the late 1980's.

During my time in Zimbabwe I was beaten violently on the hands and buttocks with a 'ferular' or a cane, which would leave bruises on my hands and body for almost a week. The 'ferular' was a wooden paddle wrapped tightly in rubber and used to beat the palms of the hands, which immediately brought severe, burning pain and swelling lasting at least 5 to 10 minutes, and leaving bruises for days. The senior prefects were also allowed to bully, intimidate, physically abuse and threaten students, and i suffered a lot of oppressive aggrevation and physical abuse from them, such as being kicked extremely viciously, grabbed by the throat and screamed at.

Previous to my attendance at St George's College I attended a Christian primary school in Zimbabwe called Lewisam Primary, where I was sometimes slapped, beaten and intimidated by teachers from the age of 7.

I would be beaten at both primary school and in St George's College,for minor issues such as forgetting homework or my sport clothes or talking in class. I recall one student showing me scabs on his buttocks from when he was caned so hard that he bled.

Cruelty and abuse against children as the worst form of torture that a human being can experience, as a child is as defenseless as a prisoner kept in brutal, torturous locations such as Guantanamo Bay- and like those Guantanamo prisoners, I and others had no legal rights, no right to complain, no way of escape and no way to make the abuse stop, because as a child I had no power to make it stop. That is what torture is, and I will not rest until I win.

I have contacted the Chairman of the U.K. Parliamentary Human Rights Committee,Mr Andrew Dismore MP, and stated that I wish to seek compensation from the Catholic church for this outrage, and stated to him that I constitiute this violence against me as torture.

I have also contacted the Liberty Human Rights organisation in London asking for advise on my complaint and pursuit of compensation from the Catholic Church.

I condemn the Catholic Church for their part in the creation of such evil places where children are hurt and tortured. It is something that needs to be brought out into the open and that is exactly what I intend to do. I want the world to hear this story and to raise awareness of what people like me and others younger have been through. I revoke my Catholicism, and I revoke religion for what has been done to me and also many others.
    Barrow Hills, Witley and St Georges College, Weybridge Nr Guilford
    I am alleging that I was physically mentally and sexually abused at these schools and am trying gain evidence of others who may have suffered the same since the 50's. I believe the cut off point for legal and police action is 1954. I have acknowledgement from the superior general of the Josephites of beatings but that that was the 1950's and according to him and the current headmaster are classed as historical allegations and somehow it appears this makes it acceptable. I am looking to gain acknowledgement, recognition and evidence to support my allegations. You can contact me at catholicchildabuse at hotmail. You can try google and searching for alleged josephite abuse in the uk once the old web spiders start spinning! It has only just gone live so may take a week or two to become searchable.

I have contacted the current headmaster and other interested parties with my intentions and received no adverse response. The above will run for 6 to 9 months and then be removed if there is no response.

+ Reply to Thread